On Sep 16, 4:21 pm, Joe Van Dyk <joevan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So there's no need to use the __type names anymore?

There shouldn't be.

> I'm still a little confused.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-prepare.htmluses the
> 'prepare' and 'execute' statements.
>
> Whereas when I use Sequel with
>   DB[:orders]
>     filter(:email_address => :$email).
>     prepare(:select, :select_by_email)
>   DB.call(:select_by_email, :email => '...@tanga.com')
>
> In the postgresql logs, I see a 'parse', then a 'bind' and an
> 'execute'.  I don't see a 'prepare' statement in there.  Should I?

I'm not sure exactly what the PostgreSQL logs show for prepared
statements, but a parse sounds like a prepare, and bind/execute should
be when you execute.  If you are using the pg as the underlying driver
for the postgres adapter, it should definitely use pg's prepare and
exec_prepared.

Jeremy