OK, it was apparently working for me somehow.  Anyway, in Sequel, is this
the proper sequence for a var placeholder?  It works but I'm confused about
the *:interval* casting type, and its position within that Sequel.cast:

where(Sequel.cast(:login_date, Date) > Sequel.cast(Sequel::CURRENT_DATE -
Sequel.cast((? 'days', 30) :interval), Date))

Cheers