Putin Paranoia

Patrick J. Buchanan

http://www.creators.com/conservative/pat-buchanan/putin-paranoia.html
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0015cwm3YhprMIanLq5ffwLmkgAZjOrkGQLw5QbxsPmufJhLi12TT3sQMSJJDMLcXS4rMyoKW5fft95snH2YXAoGUgRbCqRpdIakyxYHg9WmOiRUGOSBeruP3gm3Jwq9uqumppkD3QOtfaMALlE7FidNOrZw9F3_LQpJDiUypwXAkLoLgkKZxYcOCm1oCv80FnvHkXkNpk0ug-g_rH5-UAhGySQkvCTX9mDDRDzYAMaS-M=&c=OWcJimqiWfVO6liVCUHo2VB1BL8F-ETTnNyrJ5pkGW0S7nDQJ5fukw==&ch=rJ0HKB3-chX66F0PCsN4kz_3qAUQTwB_yyHrB0mhuM7uckp0NN3fPg==>

... One understands Russia's vital interest in retaining its Black Sea naval
base in Crimea, and keeping Ukraine out of NATO. And one sees the vital
interest of Ukraine in not losing the Donbas. But what is America's vital
interest here? ... Of all of the secessionist movements from the Atlantic to
the Urals, none imperils a vital interest of the United States. None is really
our business. And none justifies a war with Russia. Indeed, what is it about
this generation of Americans that makes us such compulsive meddlers in the
affairs of nations we could not find on a map?