Is Putin Our Ally in Syria?

Patrick J. Buchanan

http://www.creators.com/conservative/pat-buchanan/is-putin-our-ally-in-syria.html

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001aeljKDxLhr-2ZzhGtjnWYv_Z6nj-ESsv3eW3K7YTvRZF0KF4aG7BYeHjyTJJLajQezIbGHjHRy3G0HGaBZe71cDeyYqE2Rq-djjQ4uJAj7SLjkG5aiI00xj6aCeAN2ZJBQ9SwFJTMOJSj3bNa5V5_o_Sa4DYtrS9meb9eNBsgC3-HAhOH_DDxZy8mz0C-se_ge__E1MlsPV1PgTzUqsRtOgo3vHiD5cBPrJMp5Sh1wPw3iU3avixPyDf9YpLuc09&c=HMf0hJ35A6riaYmxeOrGQ_7rdwepipQ7DEF4CqgfGUb224C8j_5_1A==&ch=AL2TuzWiTnQHFZmLw1PRW2Se8IgJjUtxkaq2Cz3hAl2pDNDVf71oOA==>

Among the presidential candidates of the Republican Party and their foreign
policy leaders on Capitol Hill the cry is almost universal: Barack Obama has no
strategy for winning the war on ISIS. This criticism, however, sounds strange
coming from a party that controls Congress but has yet to devise its own
strategy, or even to authorize the use of U.S. military force in Syria ... If
we declare a no-fly zone over Syria, or establish a "safe zone," we risk war
not only with Syria, but Russia, Iran and Hezbollah. None of these allies of
Assad will meekly stand aside while we take military action to deny the Syrian
regime and army the right to defend itself and survive in its war against ISIS,
al-Nusra and other assorted jihadists and rebels.