gazetaexpress.com
<https://www.gazetaexpress.com/en/news/kosovo-serbs-considering-withdrawal-from-institutions-175006/>

Kosovo Serbs considering withdrawal from institutions

GazetaExpress

2 minutes

  _____

Igor Simic, deputy head of Srpska List, a political entity representing Serbs
in Kosovo, said that his party will coordinate with Belgrade and decide whether
to withdraw from all institutions of Kosovo.

Simic made the statements in an interview with Serbia’s public broadcaster,
RTS, adding that they will consult with Belgrade on to further proceed.
According to Simic authorities in Pristina took many decisions which have
affected lives of Serbs in Kosovo, mentioning arrests, assaults against Serb
returnees and the tax that the Government of Kosovo introduced in all Serbian
products last year. Simic also criticised the Platform on dialogue with Serbia
which was approved on Friday by Kosovo Parliament, saying that this document is
a final blow to the continuation of Pristina-belgrade dialogue facilitated by
the EU. “Adoption of the platform makes the dialogue meaningless. It’s an
attempt to take over control of economic potential, and sends a clear message
to Kosovo Serbs. Therefore, we are asking withdrawal from institutions, because
of these meaningless actions which made our lives difficult,” Simic said.
/GazetaExpress/