He is risen! - He is risen indeed!

Alleuia! - Alleluia!

Dear Baptized, dear sinners, dear people of God,

Welcome to the resurrection! Christ is risen for you. And you have come to this
place, which is called Trinity after the God of your Baptism, much like the
women of our Gospel lesson this morning:

Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Salome bought spices, so that
they might go and anoint him.

They came to do a favor for their Lord only to find He didn't need their favors
at all. Surprise! They came expecting to weep and fawn over a corpse, that is
the helpless inanimate object that used to be Jesus of Nazareth.

What about you? Come on. Admit it. Who of us is any different when it comes to
church? Somewhere we all harbor that same attitude-I'll give the Lord His hour
today. Hour? That's just the time for the service-if we're lucky.

And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed
in a white robe, and they were alarmed.

So you enter this place hewn out of rock of sorts through the open door and you
too see a man, not y oung, but he is  dressed in a white robe. And you are
alarmed. You know this is going to take more than an hour. It's Pr. Hering, and
it's Easter so there will be more people, communion will last longer. Then,
what's this? A baptism too? Oh nuts! Hour and half minimum. I'll be lucky to
get home in time to see Tiger crank it up on the first tee.

And he said to them, "Do not be alarmed.  You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was
crucified.  He has risen; he is not here.

Here is where things change. For I delivered to you as of first importance what
I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the
Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in
accordance with the Scriptures.

And I am here to deliver this risen Christ to you today. Over your head. Into
your ears. And upon your tongues. I am here to give you the risen Christ by His
call and command.

So it was, while [two disciples] conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself
drew near and went with them. But their eyes were restrained, so that they did
not know Him. Luke 24:14-15

Now when [Mary Magdalene] had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus
standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. John 20:14

They did not know Him though He was right there with them.

Mary did not know until he spoke and called her by name-Holy Baptism.

Clopeas and the other disciple of Jesus did not know Him until He spoke to them
from Scripture and showed them His wounds-Holy Communion.

Why? Why do they, why do we not recognize Him?

Because He is not what we expect. Even the victorious, resurrected Christ is
not what we expect. He does not come to us the way we picture a hero to come.
He does not do what we expect a champion to do. This One who is risen for
you-you can't even see Him. So what's the big deal? From what has he risen? Why
did He die? Why did God come to earth at all?

The answer to all of these questions is the same really. He did it all for you,
sinner.

Look at your life.

You'd rather have sex outside of marriage than according to God's gift.

You would rather have what you don't have than what you do.

You want to tell God where to be and what to do rather than listen to His
precious Word for His terms.

I.e. you want to be God-to be in control

How is that working out for you?

That stuff you would rather do how is it holding up?

Let's take just one example-the stuff you would rather do on Sunday, is it
really worth it?

Sleep. Recreation. One time sporting events. Family time. Charitable work even.

The very best time that you have had, the very best thing you have done instead
of being in Church to hear the Word and receive the body and blood of your
risen Lord-what has it meant, what has done for you at the end of the day? Does
it last? Will it stay with you when you die or get you into heaven?

Did you ever think that there is a reason that God created a 7 day week and
told us to keep one of them holy-just one-as a day to rest from your labors of
trying to do it all, trying to get it all, trying to be it all?

We should have learned from the OT prophets:

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on
his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

We should have learned it from His own mother:

For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name. Luke
2:49

We should have learned it from Peter-walking on water, cutting off the
soldier's ear, trying to save Christ from the cross--get behind me Satan.

We should have learned it from Martha:

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many
things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it
will not be taken away from her."

But no. We come to show the risen Christ we are here, that we still love Him,
we still have Him in our heart even though nobody would see it by our lives or
hear it in our talk.

So let us learn from little Kirin today, from her baptism that is your baptism
as well.

She was helpless, rescued.

Jesus has to be and do what you cannot be and do. He must give you what you
cannot be or do.

Who he is and what He does and what He gives isn't just a Christmas and Easter
thing either. It is a Christmas through Easter thing. All of it for you.

And all of it is lived out through the life of the church throughout the year.
All of it, in fact, is given to you every Sunday.

Christmas

Ministry.

Palm Sunday.

Maundy Thursday.

Good Friday.

Easter Sunday.

This is the life of Christ for you.

And if you are not in His church you just don't get it-you can't get it.

And if you don't get forgiveness then you haven't been in His church.

The church is where the Holy Spirit keeps you with Christ by forgiving your
sins, giving you His body and blood.

The church isn't just for Easter celebrations. It's for you. Just as He has
risen for you that you can receive the forgiveness of sins and know that heaven
is open to you and life is yours forever-in the name of the father and of the
Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bb7ef2941941a02e1st06vuc