We implemented a EzMLM like bounce system for our MLM...

The VERP (return address) looks like:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Or in your case
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
We then run the following state machine:
If you bounce back 10 in 3 days we will warn you. Note that if this is
bounced back we just log it and carry on.
If you bounce back 20 in 6 days we will send you a bounce probe. If we get
back the bounce probe you WILL be marked as bouncing and no more email will
go out.

This is (roughly) how EzMLM works IIRC, but we have tried this system out in
the field and it works fairly well.

I'd be interested to know if you managed to get meaningful information out
of the bounced email. We have tried using a regex to pick up the 4xx and 5xx
codes and it seemed to work sometimes. However that code has NOT been tested
in the field so I don't know how reliable it is. It works with Qmail. YMMV.

I think it would be a cold day in hell if Lotus or MS give you good quality
error codes...

-- Jason