Noel J. Bergman wrote:
We would want broad support. I don't know anything broader than S/MIME.

I would differ with that, or at least put a spin on it... S/MIME is the John Malkovich of the email world... everyone has heard and has respect for it, but can you name a time you used it?

That is something we could build fairly readily.  It does not handle mailing
lists, nor would it work with most web-mail providers.  It is strictly 1:1,
and requires the sender to have an S/MIME capable MUA.  The closest I have
seen so far that would handle a mailing list are some of the TMDA
techniques.  On the other hand, you could expect a good list to be filtered,
and filter messages purporting to come from a list based upon known servers
for that list.

Raining milk yet?

Let me know when you're ready to have an email address that you can't send to mailing lists or check via webmail. Then I'll put the cups outside to catch the milk. :)

--
Serge Knystautas
President