On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 12:30 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

When I start up James on my server, it grows very quickly (3-4 seconds)
to using 95% of the CPU and it hovers above 90% forever.

Define forever.

3 days and counting.

Do you have any large file system repositories that are
being prepared? The file system based repositories start by checking for
unmatched *Object* and *Stream* files to clean up, and building in-memory
key sets.

I do everything with pure JDBC, no file system repositories.

If necessary, turn on DEBUG for the various targets, and see if anything
seems to be looping.

I'm not sure what you mean by the various targets. I have all of the logging levels set to DEBUG and I've watched all of the log files but haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

I'm running the v2.1.3 with java 1.4.1_02 on RH 8.0

I'm running v2.2.0-something-around-a8 (will update to -cvs soon) on JVM
1.4.1_02 on RH 8.0 with no such problems. The spool and inboxes use dbfile;
the rest are file system based.

I installed 2.2.0a9 and I'm still having the problem.

I'm going to start stripping my config.xml down to see if something in one of the mailets is causing the problem.

Kenny