On Wednesday 05 November 2003 16:33, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> We have to support what we release as a public interface.  In some cases,
> the code as it exists may not be what we want to support, and that is
> another reason for why it isn't exposed.

I can see your point on what we expose we need to support.

But IMO people messing at this level needs to have a certain level of
competance anyway, eg. they need to have understood the inner workings of the
mailet/matcher they are extending. This initiative is just to lend those
developers a helping hand.

> In the specific case of the RemoteDelivery mailet, rather than having to
> track changes, if/when he submits his change, it could be incorporated into
> the next build.

I was only using the specific case as an example, and I agree that Andreas's
DSN solution should make it into the next build. My only concern is that we
get yet another processor with special meaning, besides root and error.
I suggest that we make the processor name a parameter to RemoteDelivery.

<DSNProcessor>dsn</DSNProcessor>

> I am not saying that we should not expose some things that aren't, but
> let's be judicious about it.
>
>       --- Noel

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager             Phone:  +45 70 27 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S     Fax:    +45 70 27 64 40
Ved Lunden 12           Direct: +45 87 46 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj          Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]