Ah. OK. My intention is to provide a common access method for all attributes
on any object that requires them.
Therefore I think that the implementing class should be totally responsible.

Thus DefaultUser implements the AttributeSupport methods.
I thought about having DefaultUser and MailImpl extend the AttributeSupport
class,
but I'm fairly sure extending things this way would make things messy.

> However I then wondered if you were perhaps trying to say
> that the object didn't necessarily manage attributes but
> offered access to attribute management.
That's OK. I didn't think it was clear either. That's why I wanted a
discussion :)

> I guess that it depends whether we want to use polymorphism
> to create collections of "AttributeSupport"'s or maintain an
> other-than-one-to-one relationship between attribute
> management and Objects, both or neither.
It's just a consistancy thing. I want one way of refering to attributes.

> Don't reconsider your design _just_ because I was
> uncomfortable with the name, we could just discuss the name.
A more literal name might be AttributesSupported.