> However, my primary interests in contributing to James have
> been the POJOfication of James, which seams to have been
> placed on the back burner, and MINA.  I'm also not sure how
> to proceed with using MINA within James since doing so would
> require JDK 1.5 which does not seam to be kosher for the time being.

I think POJOfication is currently a must: other commiters have more TODOs in
the list but I think we all want POJO!
This first step of trunk/branch_2_1_fcs merge that updated to the latest
phoenix was only a needed step to have a common codebase!

About your MINA components that could be integrated later, well, I think
that this would be great and could be inserted to james as a set of "jdk 1.5
only" components. James so could run in java 1.4 but if one can use java 1.5
then he will benefits from your mina based implementations of SMTP/POP and
more services.

Stefano