Dear  Jason Webb,
I am currently computer science student at Transylvania University and
will be starting my senior year in the fall.  I have recently
descovered the google Summer of Code program and have become very
interested in applying.  I thought the Implementation of IMAP support
for Apache JAMES mail server would be an intriguing project.  I am
interested in working on the improvement to the message repository,
which  is neccessary to enable IMAP support.  I am experienced with
c++ and java, and have used a number of other languages to a lesser
extent.  I have applied to google but thought that since you were
listed as the contact person at the mentoring organization I would go
ahead and introduce myself to you.

Thanks for the time,
Brent Farrell