Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> I know in past there was an Avalon<->Jetty adapter.

> Jetty is a slim servlet container. Probably the licensing
> doesn't allow to redistribute it with james.

Jetty (http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/) is under the Apache License.

However, I don't believe that we want to embed a web container with JAMES.
Rather, I feel that we want to enhance our primitive JMX support, and have
administration tools use that interface.

To see the existing JMX support, to a source build and then look under the
build/ directory for *.mxinfo, which will describe the JMX interfaces
available.  Those, and the corresponding MBeans, were generated using the
Phoenix XDoclet Ant task.

        --- Noel