Steve Brewin wrote:
Might we move this discussion to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  :-)
Good idea!

Sent this to server-dev. Will comment there.
Can we agree on org.apache.james.xxx interfaces that capture the behaviour
we need a repository to provide? Jason's existing work has surfaced most of
the requirements.

We can then write adapters for specific implementations such as Javamail or
whatever else we agree upon, even change our minds about the implementation
in the future without breaking everyones good work. In the meantime, the
blocked IMAP development could proceed, writing to these interfaces and
using mock implementations.

This would allow us to move forward. Of course, we would yet again hit a
block if IMAP were done before a repository implementation.

-- Steve
This would be a great idea. Putting the Repository implementation in an interface design means we could also create MBox/MailDir/and Database backends more efficiently.

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org