On Dec 30, 2005, at 1:27 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
I built peter sources after an upgrade of avalon/excalibur libraries to
the latest official stable releases. I also removed jdk 1.3
compatibility jars that are not needed for james 2.3.0 that will be
1.4+ only.

So you did the build, or Peter?

I just shared copies of the source that I had been using.

IIRC peter sources are from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/cvs-migration-snapshot/ avalon-phoenix/

I don't know what is the svn version used in the peter version. I also
checked the latest trunk and it worked fine.

I just want to identify exactly which code is used, and then tag it so that we don't have a repeat of an earlier fiasco, when no one knew which code had been used for our Phoenix drop, and it was unmaintainable.

What I had sent was an older CVS checkout, the code in the svn url above is a bit newer, but very similar.

It would be cool if proyal, leosimons or niclas could tag that release
as phoenix 4.2 or something similar.

If you'll just pick a branch of Phoenix, do the build and test, and let me know which code you picked, I'll see that the branch is tagged. Far as I'm concerned, the tag can be called FOR_JAMES_2.3.

You may just want to import what I sent into the james repo and maintain your own copy, might be best :)
-pete