Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Steve Brewin wrote, On 4/5/2006 1:55 PM:
>
> >Alan Cabrera wrote:
> >

> >>I'm going to investigate what it takes to convert James to
> >>maven 2 and
> >>XBean.  I realize that others may not like that idea.  My
> >>thinking is to
> >>convert a small piece and solicit comments.
> >>

> >You might want to solicit comments before you do the work if
> you are exploring this with any expectation of it being of
> interest to the project. If you are pursuing your own
> interests, we don't need to know and there is no need to ask.
> >

> Cool.  So what is your opinion of Maven 2 and XBean?

Two separate issues.

I don't see a lot of issues raised around the build procedure. What do you see
as the costs and benefits involved in making the change?

The first steps we need to make in removing our core code from being dependent
on Avalon based container architectures is is Pojoification. Then the core code
can be bound together using any container architecture, XBeans being just one.
I'm all for Pojoification, but as we have seen in previous discussions on this
list, there is no agreement on the exact semantics - SDI via CDI.

> >>It would make sense if I did this in a sandbox.  Would it be
> >>ok if I had
> >>a little corner to play in?
> >>

> >Your own machine is your sandbox/little corner.
> >
> >This is OSS. You are free to download the code and do
> whatever you like with it there.
> >

> Yeah, I get that.  Having an SVN repo that others can look at
> and make
> comments would be handy.

Pass. Someone with more infrastructure knowledge may know if this is possible.

-- Steve