Hi,
So let me add some comments..

Am Samstag, den 22.07.2006, 18:56 -0400 schrieb Noel J. Bergman:
> Norman Maurer wrote:
>
> > Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> would
> > >
> > > I would not.  Instead, I would rename the v2.3 branch to v2.4, after
> > > creating the v2.3 tag.  I would have no intention of maintaining v2.3.x
> > > separately.  v2.4 would be the maintanence for v2.3.  And trunk would be
> the
> > > next major release.
>

> > I whould try to get the 2.3 final first and "close" the 2.3 branch after
> that.
>
> Final first, yes.  But there is no need to maintain the branch after we are
> done with it.  We run `svn cp branches/v2.3 tags/RELEASE_2_3`, which gives
> us a copy, then run `svn mv branches/v2.3 branches/v2.4` and we have renamed
> the branch.  If, for some reason, we ever needed a branches/v2.3, we can
> copy the tag.

Ok i think we think about the same ;-)

> Remember: Subversion is not CVS.  We have different, better, ways to do
> things.
>
> > Then we should copy the 2.3 to 2.4 and [decide] what we want to have
> > in 2.4 and copy the stuff from trunk.
>
> We're differing only in SVN mechanics, as described above.

See above ..

> > I think we could put and should put more then fastfail and launcher in
> > 2.4. Maybe support fastfail also in RemoteManager and Pop3 server ?
>
> What do you mean?  And why?  Has anyone ever reported problems that suggest
> that we need fast-fail in either of those two?  I don't know if those would
> survive the high-value test.
The advance of that whould be to allow easy integration of costum
handlers and fitlers.. It was just a thought which raise on a talk to
Stefano.. And the benefit of that whould maybe to share "technic" we use
for handlers..

> But what about all of the admin work that Bernd has been doing?
I not test it yet .. but yes the spooling commands etc could easy
integrate to 2.4. Like i said with the jmx i have no "expirence". But im
not -1 if the others want to include it.

> Again, my suggestion is that v2.4 be focused on the low-risk, high-value
> equation.  This is a plan to focus development on v3, while providing a
> means to put only the most valuable, compatible, and lower risk improvements
> into a v2.4 release.
Yes.. i agree but i think a 2.4 only should released if we can put some
more new code to it.. I will commit my pop before smtp stuff to trunk
the next day ( maybe days) this could also be a good feature for 2.4..

But plz let us release 2.3.0 final first before get to much in details
about that. I think that should be the "highest" prio we should focus on

>       --- Noel

bye
Norman