Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini (JIRA) wrote:
[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-580?page=comments#action_12423864 ] Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini commented on JAMES-580:

I don't know if this error was also in 2.2. In such case IMO we should consider it a
blocker :-( , because after an upgrade from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0 the systems having
<checkValidSenderDomain> set to true would lose messages.

IIRC our default configuration does not have this checkValidSenderDomain set to true, btw I think we should fix this anyway for 2.3.0 because it is a small fix and it otherwise loose the mail.

If I understood the problem then we are also loosing all DSN messages (bounces) if that option is activated because they have to be sent with empty sender.

I would prefer to wait something more before trying to release RC2. This issue is limited to an experimental (disabled by default) and the fix have not to be tested so much (it is a clean/obvious fix) so we can wait something more for other bugreports against RC1 and try releasing RC2 later.

Stefano