On 2/4/07, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
there seems to be a rough consensus in favour of modularising james.
i've pulled together a document about one possible design
(http://wiki.apache.org/james/Development/Modularisation). this is
just one possible direction but this proposal is only about the first
step towards modularization. please start discussions about this
design on a separate thread.

i'm convinced that modularisation is crucial for both technical and
community reasons. i hope that we can start down this roads whilst
discussing some of the later details.

the most disruptive step will be pushing the existing codebase into a
subdirectory. IHMO for this, RTC is more appropriate than CTR. the
proposal is the first step towards modularisation: moving the existing
server code into a subdirectory so that other modules can be created
at the same level.

i'm willing to implement. unless people jump in, I plan to execute on
saturday 11th feburary but this timing is not part of this proposal.

i will tally this vote no earlier than 2400 GMT on wednesday, 7th Feburary

i count

+1 robert burrell donkin
+1 Stefano Bagnara
+1 Norman Maurer

seems like a reasonable consensus to me so unless anyone jumps in i'll
execute on this saturday (10th)

- robert