Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>>> You just wrote on general@ that ASF is planning allowing other java
>>> based tools in the future: what about continuum? A continuum instance
>>> with all of our projects would be great.
>
>> Continuum is already running, but still exhibiting issues.  Not making our
>> infra team happy, and getting worse as more things go into it.
>
> However, they are actively working on it, and building up the support team.
> I just spent time talking with Brett about it.
>
> Continuum is build tool agnostic.  It works with Maven and Ant equally, and
> is not really part of Maven so much as currently managed there.  As I said
> to Brett: "we'd be good promotion for Continuum's build tool agnostic
> approach: JAMES Server uses Ant as its main build tool, other JAMES
> sub-projects are built with Maven, the JAMES site is built with Maven."  He
> is going to let us know when they'd be ready to handle us.  Currently
> unclear, though, as to whether or not their builds will be OK to publish as
> nightlies, or will be considered untrusted and discarded.
>
>       --- Noel

I use/know continuum. I know it is not so stable but it works acceptably
and it is free. It is based on plexus, has a good component architecture
and has a pretty good integration with maven.

The latest beta fixed many past issues, and I hope they will be ready
soon with something stable enough for Infra to accept it as *the* ASF
per project continuous integration (and maybe continuous publishing).

Locally I had configured a continuum that automatically updated a local
snapshot of the website at every succesful build, too. This would have
another option for easy publishing (as it would have needed only a
single svn commit to change the website instead of the current complex
workflow).

For the JAMES projects its ant/maven support already suffice because we
have the ant project depending on maven projects and not viceversa (and
maybe we could prefer to manage each product without integration with
others, so with no need to manage this dependency).

BTW it is premature to discuss a similar solution until Brett and
friends and Infra will think they all are ready to support a number of
ASF projects building at every commit.

Stefano