On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  So what I propose is that we setup a JAMES zone, and start to deploy JAMES
>  in that zone.  That will be published in the DNS, and quite shortly we
>  should start to see a lot of connections coming to it as millions of
>  spambots start to exercise JAMES for us.  So we'll have a built-in load test
>  running, courtesy of the botnets, and we can just watch the build work or
>  crash in flames without any concern for lost messages.  We will need to be
>  careful to initially disable the ability to send mail, and open it up very
>  carefully to make sure that we don't accidentally create a relay of any
>  kind.  We could, for example, setup an SMTPS handler, and allow PMC members
>  to send via it, or alternatively, allow relaying only when the connection
>  comes from p.a.o.

I see no reason to object to this proposal.  If this helps give Noel
extra confidence in the codebase and it does not create extra burden
on other committers, why say anything but "sounds great"?

Noel, is this something that you can setup with the nightly builds and
a tweaked configuration, or do you need more community support to get
this rolling?  If it's the former, then giddyup!

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501