On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> While Field.parse() throwing a checked exception can be a nuisance, I
>> personally can live with that. The idea of rethrowing
>> IllegalArgumentException as a checked exception does not sound quite
>> right to me.
>
> Throw an IllegalArgumentException as a checked exception? I'm not sure
> I understand..

Sorry, you wrote _re_throw. I should learn to read sometime..

Anyway I admit that rethrowing a runtime exception at three different
locations in the API is not very beautiful and error prone in case of
future changes.

But I really hate those "this-cannot-happen" catch blocks and would be
glad if we could find a solution for this.

Markus