Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> one my personal ambitions for the mailet 3 API is a broader interface
> that allows more than just RFC822 documents to be mailed. james
> already supports news (in an unintegrated fashion). i find myself
> increasingly seeing blogs as mail, wanted to be able to grab a feed
> and refer to it later.

I guess you mean "blog posts" as "mail" and not "blogs" as "mail", right?
And maybe "blog url" as "mail address" and "blog" as "mailbox"...

> so, i'd like to add a feed fetcher to James (a bit like fetchpop)
> probably supported only by JCR initially (since that's what i'd like
> to use) with no processing integration as yet

so you mean an input channel, not an output channel.

I'm not sure what should the JAMES approach be wrt integration: do we
want to replicate Apache Camel? What are the main differences between
what we'd like to do and what Camel already does?

In the mean time I leave here 2 links (probably you already have know
them, but as you didn't tell anything about introducing new dependencies
I try with this):
https://rome.dev.java.net/
http://incubator.apache.org/abdera/ (and expecially:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-202)