I still think that if you are going to go to the work of making james run well under osgi then it is worth the small additional work of using blueprint instead of spring-dm so as to not be tied to a proprietary api. I got activemq running under xbean-blueprint and it basically consisted of removing some unneeded use of obsolete spring lifecycle interfaces from a few classes and making sure the spring- isms needed for startup in spring were in a few classes not needed in blueprint. Translating a plan from spring to blueprint is pretty easy, there are basically just a few element name changes.

I think xbean-blueprint is great but I know not everyone agrees and it is certainly experimental at this point.

thanks
david jencks