First: Thanks to the people who responded to my post about my admin web app. I will "Maven-ize" it over the next few days.

Second: Is there any interest in making an application for editing the config files? I can see how a Swing app would make editing the xml files easier. The xml can get pretty hairy.

I am thinking of something like FWBuilder, if any of you are familiar with that. It is an app that can be used to write firewall scripts for Linux and *BSD OSes. It stores the info in XML, and can spit out the firewall scripts. A lot of people use it on a different machine than their firewall.

I mention FWBuilder since a Swing config app was mentioned back in March. A few people seemed to think that this client would be run on the same machine as James. I am thinking of something that can be run on another machine; an admin would then ftp the config files to the machine running James. Granted, this would increase the complexity somewhat.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Eric MacAdie