Hi there,

After looking a bit over the store api again the last days I think
there is some room for improvements. This improvements will break the
api (again), so I think we should do it now and after that cut the 0.1
release. I will try to explain you why I think there should be some
improvements made and whats my point of view. Please feel free to
comment ..

NEXTUID (IMAP-193):
The NEXTUID generation / house-keeping is just a big performance
killer. We really guaranteer to use the value of NEXTUID for the next
message which will get saved. Thats not needed. We just need to
guaranteer its equal or greater then the value returned by NEXTUID. So
its prolly more performant to just hold the informations in memory and
update it every x writes (or something like that). So the
implementation could use an auto-increment field to generate the
unique uid when storing the message or just an AtomicInteger for
generation. Maybe again with a new abstract class called UIDKeeper ?

Does this sound like something which make sense ?