Hi Norman,

pop3server has store in its pom, but does not really need it. I will carefully test before commit the changes.

JPAUser is accessed in JPAUsersRepository (instanciated via the LocalUsers repository) while JPAMailbox is managed in JPAMailboMapper is accessed via JPAMailboxMapper. JPAUsersRepository and JPAMailboxMapper are created in completely different ways.

I see that james-server has a whole infrastructure around "repository". Imap has not that infrastructure and rely on implementing different stores in different projects. The questions are:
1.- must imap go to server repository infra?
2.- must server repository infra be simplified and merged with the imap approach?
3.- must we leave that separated?

btw, even in james-server, all persistence does not go the same way: domainlist does not work completely with repository. If you take the JDBCDomainList, it needs a repositoryPath which is db://maildb/domain (I don't see directly the relation with the persistence.xml for the mailbox, and however, it stores in the same database...). However, if you take the JPADomainList, it does not need any "repository", because it's using the persistence.xml.
I mean, the repository principle has some exceptions in james-server.

Tks,

Eric