Hi there,

I just committed some code which change how James handle the queue. Please review the changes and tell me if you see something you don't like about it. I think its a way better then everything we had before ;)

Anyway let me give you some overview on the changes:

* Introduce a MailQueueFactory and MailQueue interface
This two interfaces are the core of the new queue stuff. MailQueue does the actual queing/dequeing and MailQueueFactory helps to lookup the queue by name. For now we ship a ActiveMQ implementation. The interface are currently located in the core-api module. Not sure if we should better move them to an extra module or not. Same goes to the ActiveMQ implementations which are in spoolmanager-function and should better be moved to queue-activemq or something else

* Copy the JamesSpoolManager, RemoteDeliver class and MailContainer, MailProcessor, ProcessorList (which is now called MailProcessorList and extend MailProcessor) interfaces back from previous trunk version The JamesSpoolManager is responsible to call the dequeue(..) on the MailQueue and pass the Mail objects to the MailProcessList. RemoveDelivery call dequeue(..) on the outgoing queue and try to resend message on temporary erros

* Misc
We now do the whole Mailet/Matcher stuff in one long transaction without storing the Mail back the Queue after each MailProcessor. This should give us a performance boost. The downside is that we could have "long transactions".

Just ask if you have any futher questions.

Bye,
Norman