On 02/07/11 09:14, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Norman Maurer
<norman.mau...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
Ok then go ahead.... I just want to get the beta out soon enough

So do I :-)

I'm started work on the assembly but I'm out of time for tonight. Feel
free to disable the assembly stuff in server trunk. As soon as that's
done, you should be able to cut a release for the server components.

I've completed the move. I'm going to start working on the licensing next.

Nice :)

I hope to find some time to re-integrate (or at least run) the mpt
smoke tests but if anyone could build and test the application built
by the assembly in app, that would be great :-)

I've added a svn:externals property on current
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/current/

'mvn install' in app gives me the zip/tar.gz.
'sudo ./run.sh' starts fine.
So we are up and running with app

The idea is that trunk for the server components is now free to cut
3.0.x releases of these components. We won't have a James beta
application to ship until we release the app based on these components
but should be able to test and work on the app with fixed
dependencies.

Best is we have green light on app NOTICE to start a vote on server components.

Robert

Eric