>> Hi Ioan,
>>
>> I already did something similar, but it doesn't work.
>> Finally, I have created by hand the target/classes and target/test-classes.
>>
>> Now it generates the site with javadoc, but with standard pages, although
>> org.jboss.apiviz.APIviz is taken in the pom (looking in .m2 cache and in
>> Effective POM in eclipse).
>
> Well, inheritance is kind of tricky and can be of different types (the
> child config either replaces or adds to the parrent, check [1] ).
> I will also try to get a hang of it sometimes tomorrow.
>
> Bye,
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Inheritance
> --
> Ioan Eugen Stan
> http://ieugen.blogspot.com/

Well, I gave it a quick look and the first impressions are:

I tried mvn compile javadoc:javadoc and it failed with the same error
as with Eric. After, I tried mvn package which did not finish properly
because of hbase (missing running cluster.). After this I ran mvn
javadoc:javadoc again and it failed in the case of some packages
(missing classes directory), but with all the other cases it generated
the documentation very good.

mvn compile javadoc:javadoc does not compile all sources. I'm not that
great with maven, but I believe that with agregate projects you need
to do a build. So the ERROR message is genuine, because the classes
are not there and so APIviz can't determine the relationships between
classes properly.

Why is this happening, I don't know yet, but I'm guessing it's some
part Inheritance, some part aggregate.
If all the projects get compiled, everything would be ok.

The important part for APIviz is the line with:

 <additionalparam>-sourceclasspath
${project.build.outputDirectory}</additionalparam>

That's the line that tells it where to find the classes.

Anyone with good Maven skills around here?

Just this for now, more later.

Bye,
--
Ioan Eugen Stan