Actually Ektorp is not a full implementation of JPA, but it provides a
JPA like API with support to many of its annotations etc.

Anyway, based on my experience, Ektorp simplifies the access from java
to couchdb and the bootstrap of couchdb, so as theoretically when
James starts the first time, the database, views, design, mapreduce,
etc should be created.

- Manolo