Done with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1371
Thx for the request,
Eric

On 13/02/12 22:41, roy.ja...@xemaps.com wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks for that.  Another quick question, I was hoping to implement
Spring Cacheing but its Spring 3.1, is James planning on switching to
Spring 3.1 with any new releases?

Roy

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Eric Charles<e...@apache.org>  wrote:
* Replies will be sent through Spamex to server-dev@james.apache.org
* For additional info click ->  http://www.spamex.com/i/?v=23469590

Hi,

POP3 and SMTP run in the protocols framework where you can define handler
chains via configuration (the Handlers being JAVA classes). IMAP4 does not
allow this and you have to implement in-hard in the code.

There is an effort to implement IMAP4 in the protocols project, which will
make it benefit from existing and new handlers (whithelisting,...)
configurable via XML file.

I can't tell any plan for configurable IMAP handlers to be available. If you
can't wait us to offer this, just implement a specific Processor in the
current IMAP code.

Thx,
Eric