2012/5/23 Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> It's been pretty quiet and I hate being the only one to reply to this
> post but I did something new:

I'm sorry but I'm really busy. I understand your feelings because I
worked almost 2 years on this project talking to myself in this list.
My concern is always the same. I still don't know how we deal with
"generated pages" like mailetdocs, so I know what the new "way" takes
from us but I don't know what it gives us in turn. At the moment I
don't see a lot of advantages and I still see we have to find a way to
let mailetdocs work (and other similar pages) or think to a new way to
do them.
I can't tell much more or give you more replies because I didn't study
that stuff and I can't give you pointer or help for this.

> Work done:
>
> I've added most of the site directories as entries in svn:externals
> and configured maven-site-plugin to run multiple times, building each
> site and setting the output into the proper directory.

What I don't get is: if you use "mvn" command to trigger the site
generation, why can't we simply generate the site using the full maven
command that also build the code and create related reports (e.g: the
mailetdocs) ?
Why do we need to mantain 2 sets of pom.xml (the official ones and the
ones for the CMS)? Can't we simply build the project+site when a
document changes instead of building only the site ?

> - we have most of the docs as they are on live, the rest can go with
> direct import

What do you mean with "direct import" ?

> - working with a multi-module project with maven site and cms is a
> nightmare, especially with all the modules james has.

Many of our projects are multimodule and this won't change, so I guess
we have to live with it and find a good way to deal with it.

Stefano