Hello Eric,

We are actually running commons-configuration 1.9. I've created a
bundle for it via ServiceMix but I made a typo in the artifact name
[1], [2].
It's quite an easy thing to do to repackage a jar as a bundle ~ 5 min.
Look at [3].

Figures out we need to use the service mix artifact only in the
feature. The rest of the code can stay with the normal version.
I'm still considering replacing the way we do configuration in future
versions of James and I'm sure we can reach a solution that will work.

Plus: I've added a small readme:
https://github.com/ieugen/james/blob/karaf/karaf/README.md

[1]
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.servicemix.bundles%7Corg.apache.servicemmix.bundles.commons-configuration%7C1.9_1%7Cbundle
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1340
[3] git://git.apache.org/servicemix4-bundles.git

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Eric Charles <e...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Ioan,
>
> Thx for this version 2.
>
> What if we need to migrate to commons-configuration 1.9 to use a new
> functionality of that particular version whereas
> org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-configuration is only available for
> 1.8.* [1]?
>
> Will it break karaf integration?
>
> Thx, Eric
>

> [1]
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-configuration/
>

> On 07/02/2013 09:04, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
>>
>> Hello Eric,
>>
>> Thanks for taking time for review.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Eric Charles <e...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's possible to exclude the commons-configuration in the karaf module
>>> and
>>> add there the org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-configuration
>>> dependency.
>>

>> I did something like that. I've built the feature to use the bundle
>> and depended on commons-configuration in the normal jars.
>> I've pushed the changes to [1] so now it should be ok to merge.
>>
>>> I guess one day commons-configuration will be 'bundled'.
>>

>> Let's hope this will happen in version 2.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/ieugen/james/compare/karaf

Ioan Eugen Stan