Hi all,

Having fixed, or working on fixes that users did report to us, there is
a big list of meaningful features stacking up in the changelog [1].

Thus I would propose us to pursue a release  of James server version
3.5.0 by the end of November.

As with most recent releases, that is also the opportunity to clean up
the project a bit.

I propose the following removals in 3.5.0:

 - mailet/api MailAddress (unused , deprecated in 2017 see JAMES-2138)
 - protocols/smtp MailAddress (unused , deprecated in 2017 see JAMES-2138)

Also, given a limited workforce, we cannot keep up with every aspects of
the James project. As such, dropping unmaintained and often unused part
of the James project is a sane habbit, in the absence of devoted
contributors.

As such, I propose to deprecate in 3.5.0, targeting a removal in 3.6.0
the followings:

 - james-server-mailet BayesianAnalysis + BayesianAnalysisFeeder +
JDBCBayesianAnalyzer.
    mailet/ai mailets to be used instead.

 - ToRecipientFolder.
    WithStorageDirective + LocalDelivery to be used instead.
    This will limit user misunderstandings

 - mailbox/zoo-seq-provider.
    Not exposed to the end user.

 - mpt/antlib + mpt/mpt-maven-plugin + mpt/app
   Not aware of usages, not exposed to users

Of course, if you are interested into maintaining the following
components, you should reach us, your contributions are going to be much
welcomed!

Do you have items to add to the list? Remarks?

I hope we can set up a vote by the end of the week.

Regards,

Benoit