Hi Jerry,

Guava is a very commonly spread java utility library in the java world.
It is different from guice which is a dependency injection library.
Guice uses guava but that's all.

In James code base we uses guava mostly for immutable collections and
preconditions.

Guice is not included in server/app dependencies, nothing to worry on
this front.