La 19.08.2020 09:59, Rene Cordier a scris:
>> I think we should have separate channels for:
>> - development: how we implement features and what features we work on
>> - users: how to use James:deploy it, create back-ups, etc.
>
> Those 2 mailing lists exist already I believe. We have `server-dev` for
> development related things and `server-user` for users concerns.
>
> I agree though with potentially making an other ML to separate the
> notifications from development concerns posted by members, as all of
> that is sent through the server-dev ML for now.

I've created an issue to make the ML changes:

Please add:
- notificati...@james.apache.org
Please remove:
- site-...@james.apache.org
- mailet-...@james.apache.org
--

>> Gitter should be added if that is a channel.
>> I do think we should have 2 channels for dev and user on gitter.
>
> Gitter I think is more for giving help and support to users and
> answering problems. I don't think we need two Gitter channels for this,
> the one we have currently is enough?

Sometimes it is easier to have a quick discussion for development on
chat and then put the conclusions on ML / JIRA / PR.

Those discussions would be better off on a different channel then the
one used to talk with users.

--
Eugen Stan
+40720 898 747 / netdava.com