Hello,

I am still trying to get a sense of the community’s vision, and it’s thoughts
relating to how to treat users. Unfortunately I have not heard too many
comments so far on this topic. Trying to read between the lines, I could think
of 4 potential conclusions:

 1. People are still on summer holidays and don’t have the time to spend
 2. I have taken a wrong or confusing approach to the topic, so people don’t
know what to answer
 3. This is already documented somewhere so the assumption is that I already
know it
 4. There is not much interest in discussing the the topic of “users”

To continue with the documentation (at least on the path I have taken so far) I
need to better understand the vision. That will allow me to resolve and clarify
the topics previously raised regarding the community’s approach to dealing with
newbies.

By the way, this project was much more difficult that I had anticipated. I no
longer have much time to dedicate, but I pledge to continue, albeit at a slower
pace and in the background, so long as I continue to get engagement from the
community members. My main goal is to help document the state of James and the
community, and the secondary goal that I discovered in the process is to point
out gaps and potential areas of improvement. Thanks again for all the support!!

Cheers,
=David