På onsdag 02. mars 2022 kl. 09:10:16, skrev Tellier Benoit <btell...@apache.org
 <mailto:btell...@apache.org>>:
Hello Andreas,

Sadly a release is a poor moment to discuss the perimeter.

Running a release process 'just' to come to the vote took me over 12 hours, I
am personally upset wasting my time running multiple releases for nothing. By
the way, except for 3.5.0 releasing is a burdon that I did carry mostly by my
own for several years already, for free to the community. I would be glad we
better share this responsibility.

My mindset (we can discuss this) is that the project should always be on a
releasable state. Additions according to the will of contributors should not
compete with the release milestone. That is, users and contributors can open
tickets and code contribution when they encounter the need, independently from
releases. When we release, what is ready is included, what is not ready / not
done will go for next release.

In this case, the contributors would have had likely carried the task out if
we had a JIRA ticket saying "Upgrade the MIME4J code a new version to include
unreleased changes". The ticket do not exist thus it was not carried out. I
encourage you to create such a ticket. It would then be included in 3.7.1 /
3.8.0.

Finally I sent an email one week ago, seeking consensus toward such a release.
Raising your voice during consensus seeking phases rather than on votes would
surely help mitigate such conflicts. CF
https://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/msg71619.html
<https://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/msg71619.html>

Regards,

Benoit

Please express your concerns on the email I sent one week before explaining I
was about to release cf

No problem, I didn't mean to hold up the release, sorry for the noise. It's no
big deal for us to include a custom build of mime4j from master.

+1 for releasing.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS