Hi,
While accessing James via IMAP, only default INBOX mailbox is present. Some e-mail applications do create them on demand (Apple mail.app, but it's not quite strict when it comes to naming so other app's don't understand it), others like Thunderbird simply shows an error (Sent, Drafts).

I think it would be good to provision those mailboxes at the same time when INBOX is created (hook to single check for INBOX to avoid checking for each and every mailbox) in org.apache.james.imap.processor.AbstractAuthProcessor#provisionInbox method (https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/24c49d5979447bfce1ef5f055f7b0a9449466a83/protocols/imap/src/main/java/org/apache/james/imap/processor/AbstractAuthProcessor.java#L135).

I coded it, and it seems to be working fine. Would and issue followed by PR be welcomed and possibly accepted?

--
Wojtek