On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Greg Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On your question of who is waiting for XS 0.5, I know of at least two
> deployments that are building labs and testing configurations with XS
> software:
>
> Paraguay
> Birmingham

Those two appear to be a bit later. We can probably get 0.6 out the
door for them mid-november-ish, with a few more end-user features :-)

Actually, this is good so we now know the target date for xs-0.6
should be early-to-mid Nov.

> AFAIK Moodle is not a must have item for either deployment.

Well, a UI for the XS will be a must-have for them, and that is based
on Moodle, so...

> A stable and scalable eJabber is critical as are basic XS features like:
> - Caching
> - NAT

those are in

> - Filtering (is DanGuardian built in and shipped with the XS ?)

that's not in 0.5 - we can prioritise for 0.6.

> Spending a little more time to make sure that XS 0.5 is very stable and well
> documented is a good idea.

Just a little time... 0.5 is "base frameworks, some basic features",
0.6 is the "now we add useful features" release.

> However, we should start to be more precise about
> the features and dates for each release we plan to deliver before the end of
> CY 08.

so far I'm hoping to keep my cards close to my chest for 0.7 :-)

cheers,

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions