On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 18:49 -0400, Gerald Ardito wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> I am still having problems.
> I thought I would try to simplify the network to see if that would
> make a difference.
>
> How about this:
> 1. eth0 is plugged into our school network/internet
> 2. eth1 is connected via ethernet cable to an access point.
>
> Would this work?
That is the default layout.

> If so, how should eth1 be configured?

As long as the access point is in bridging mode there should be no
issues, and nothing needs to be changed with eth1. Are you able to
re-configure the AP if needed? If so, what ip address does the AP use
for management?

I only know what you tell me about your network layout, with your XS
setup like that, what are the results of " ip route ls"? I'll assume
that eth0 has a static ip address. Just to get a feel of what your
layout looks like in my head.

Jerry