On Mar 15, 2010, at 12:06 AM, James Cameron wrote:

> I don't know XS very well, but if ejabberd is all you need why not
> take
> the ejabberd configuration from XS sources and deploy that on an
> otherwise vanilla instance?

And indeed, the XS services are intended for such reuse.   I'm not sure
how many patches to the stock ejabberd are still needed...

The main hook needed in the existing infrastructure is a DNS entry
for the machine running the school server services.   Those services
can either be easily grafted on top of a Fedora server using the school
server packages, or supported on another Linux distro with some hand
tweaking.

wad