Hi,

I was wondering if you might find some use for LON-CAPA,
http://www.lon-capa.org/ , on the school servers - we thought it would be cool
to contribute to the project.

At the library level, LON-CAPA offers a shared content repository,
http://www.lon-capa.org/sharing.html . The content replicates between the
distributed servers, so, if the outside connectivity of a server goes down, the
content remains available locally on the intranet. When the outside
connectivity of the server comes back up, content that changed is automatically
updated (both ways). If LON-CAPA would be part of your server architecture, you
could have a robust mechanism for content distribution and sharing in
less-than-ideal infrastructure situations.

Besides, the course management and homework functionality might come in useful.
Content can be multilingual (more than one language in the same resource), and
the interface is internationalized. I had no opportunity, though, to test if
the interface works with Browse.

Well, let me know if this is something you might be interested in pursuing, and
we can check out what it would entail.

- Gerd.

--
Gerd Kortemeyer, Ph.D.