On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Reuben K. Caron <reu...@laptop.org> wrote:
> Kevin, Xavier,
>
> On May 24, 2012, at 5:00 AM, Kévin Raymond wrote:
>
>>> It's only a DNS issue now between dhcpd/named and the xos.
>>
>> As we were not able to get the right dhcpd/bind configuration,
>> we just dropped it, and used dnsmasq instead.
>>
>> dnsmasq is really easy to configure, and provide DNS and dhcp capabilities.
>> It's only matter of one single file.
>>
>> After some sleep and final settings, we would publish our configuration.
>
> Did you ever try removing this line from your dhcpd-xs.conf?
>
>>> DHCPDARGS=wlan0

Yep.
But as explained before, the dhcp server was sending the ip address,
we only get an issue with the DNS (not set on the client
automatically).
Moreover, the options should be defined in the subnet, not global as
done in the original file.
Still no luck.
Hopefully it's only matter of one file and 5 or 6 lines with dnsmasq.

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)