Lee Hanxue wrote:

I have searched through the archive of the mailing list, but I could not find the answer I need.

Basically, this is my fetchpop configuration:

<fetchpop enabled="true">
<!-- You can have as many fetch tasks as you want, but each must have a -->
<!-- unique name by which it identified -->
<fetch name="server.net">
<!-- Host name or IP address -->
<host>mail.server.net</host>
<!-- Account login username -->
<user>myusername</user>
<!-- Account login password -->
<password>mypassword</password>
<!-- How frequently this account is checked - in milliseconds. 600000 is every ten minutes -->
<interval>60000</interval>
</fetch>
</fetchpop>

Unfortunately, I do not get any mail from the POP server. This is the output of the FetchPop log:

19/08/03 01:30:25 INFO  fetchpop: Fetch POP Started
19/08/03 01:32:53 INFO  fetchpop: Fetch POP dispose...
19/08/03 01:32:53 INFO  fetchpop: Fetch POP ...dispose end

Which part of the configuration is missing?

How does James know which local account it should deliver your fetched mail to? Perhaps James just resends the mail or dumps it in the spam bucket, depending on the rest of your config. Try to find out where the mail went, turn on debug in spoolmanager, for example.

You would probably need to match on "fetchedFrom=server.net" and send it to the correct local mailbox.

You can check my notes on the wiki, http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?James/SettingUpFetchpop , but be warned that it does not seem to work perfectly. You can redirect all fetched mail to your local account instead, but then I think you might get duplicates.

/tobe