Noel,Steen, Everyone:

Thanks for your responses.  We are using the Red Hat application, TOP, to view system
resources
and paid attention to the total memory used (second line second column).  We saw the
heap grow,
but did not take into account that perhaps JAMES was not using the entire heap.

Thank you for the links, I will examine all the possibilities before writing again.
Noel, you
have no idea the relief that I had when you wrote back stating that you were unaware
of any memory
leaks!  What a terrible thought of having the fault lie within JAMES.  We could always
rewrite
mailets, but not JAMES.

Many Thanks!

Hut