Chris Simmons wrote:

Hello:

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I'll pose it anyway.  I would
like my James server to be the gateway SMTP server.  I have made the MX
for my domain to point to the James box, and then I have an MX record on
my local DNS to point to the true internal destination server.  I placed
the domain to be served in the config.xml file in servernames as a
servername tag.  I think that is wrong, but I do not know how to make
James be a relay for a limited number (in this case, 1) of domains.

I guess the question is: How do I allow James to be a relay for a set
list of domains?

Check out this excellent note on the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/james/James/SmartOrSecondaryHost

/tobe