Pieter Jacobs wrote:

Hi there,
I have set up James successfully to get Mail from my Service Provider, and also as the Mail Server on a LAN. For James to get Mail from my Service Provider, I have to dial-up. Now, the problem is that I do not know when mails have been downloaded to James so that I can close my dial-up connection. How can I do this or do I need to use some other software to handle this.
Thanks
Pieter
This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by *MailMarshal - *For more information please visit* **www.marshalsoftware.com* <http://www.marshalsoftware.com>* *

Hi Pieter,

I believe that http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/ is eminently suited to solve that problem. It can fetch the mail and deliver it into your James mail-spool. Just be careful in configuring so that the mail does not get sent out again.

/tobe